Bayfield County 4-H Leaders Association Meetings
Meetings are usually held at the Eileen Town Hall (formerly the AERC) at 7:00 pm.
2019 Leader Association Meeting Dates & *Host Clubs.
|Meeting Date||Host Club|
|February 18||Whittlesey Creek|
|March 18||Clover Valley|
|April 15||Ino Valley|
|May 20 – Fair Packets Distributed||Gitche Gumee|
|July 15||Gitche Gumee|
|September 16||Whispering Pines|
|October 14 (Exec. Bd)|
|November 18||Drummond Explorers|
* Host clubs provide refreshments & clean-up, and may determine meeting location.
Bayfield County 4-H Leaders Association Grant Opportunity
TYPES OF GRANT APPLICATIONS:
1. 4-H Club or Project Support:
To offset the cost of educational experiences related to 4-H club and/or projects. Ideas that help promote and retain active interest of 4-H members.
2. Leadership Development and Community Service:
Submitted by youth member with an idea to organize an event or experience that demonstrates active leadership and positive community development.
Grant applications must be supported and signed by both a certified 4-H leader and 4-H member involved in the club or project activity.
4-H clubs must have been in existence at least 6 months before submitting an application.
Mini grant applications will be considered as they are received and should be submitted to the Bayfield County 4-H office by the application two weeks prior to a scheduled 4-H Leaders Association meeting. Grant applications will be reviewed and decided upon at the 4-H Leaders meeting following the deadline.
Criteria for Awarding Funds:
- Application completed and submitted by the deadline.
- Potential of request to have a positive impact on 4-H members.
- Potential of retaining 4-H members interested in the program or a 4-H project.
- How well the application identifies the need for financial support from the club, community or 4-H program/project.