This website has been designed as an informational hub to showcase the successes and ongoing progress of the local food movement in the Chequamegon Bay Region.
Vinder is an app downloaded on your smartphone that lets you buy local fruits and veggies from nearby producers.
It makes tasty produce even easier to purchase, and lets you see exactly where your food is being grown!
Harvest of the Month – January 2019 – Oranges (pdf, 2 pages, 2MB)
Harvest of the Month – April 2018-Onions (pdf, 2 pages, 1656 KB)
Harvest of the Month-March 2018 Cabbage (pdf, 2 pages, 1041 KB)
Food & Nutrition
- FoodWIse – Wisconsin Nutrition Education Program
- UW-Extension Food and Nutrition publications
- Partnership for Food Safety Education – Fight Bac!
- Food & Nutrition Information Center (USDA National Agricultural Library)
- USDA Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- Food Safety – Gateway to Government Food Safety Information
- Nutrition.gov (Guide to Nutrition & Health Information on Federal Government websites)
- American Dietetic Association
- American Heart Association
- American Diabetes Association
- FDA Center for Food Safety & Applied Nutrition
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
- Nutrition & Physical Activity information from US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
FOOD $ENSE NEWSLETTER
Wisconsin Nutrition Education Program
Food $ense Newsletter
For more information please contact:
Stephanie Bakker, FoodWIse Coordinator