Education to Enhance Individual and Family Well being
Extension programs strengthen communities through programs that promote individual and family resilience. Extension Bayfield County offers education and resources in the following areas:
- Mental Health First Aid Training – Adult Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental illness and substance use disorders. This training gives you the skills you need to reach out and provide initial support to someone who may be developing a mental health or substance use problem and help connect them to the appropriate care
- Relationships & Parenting – Building skills to strengthen interpersonal relationships, support parenting, improve communication and manage stress.
- Household Financial Management – Making the most of your finances with education and individual support related to budgeting, saving, setting goals and building credit.
- Aging & Family Caregiving – Living fully in middle and later life; finding resources for support in caring for a disabled or elderly friend or family member.
- Professional Development – Training and CEU’s around the above topics, including…
- Financial Capability – For resource providers who work with families around household financial management
- Child and Family Wellbeing – Awareness around the impact of Adverse Childhood Experiences and ways to support families for stronger communities
- Parenting & Healthy Relationships – Tools providers can use and share to help families build safe, stable, nurturing relationships
- Food Safety and Preservation – Preserving the harvest and handling foods safely with up to date research-based information.
- HCE – Home & Community Education – Service and social connection through the Bayfield County Association for Home and Community Education
- Ashland Bayfield Community-Resource-Guide (PDF, 52 pages, 599KB)
If you have questions regarding any of these programs, contact:
Extension Bayfield County
Courthouse, PO Box 218
Washburn, WI 54891
715- 395-1426 firstname.lastname@example.org 711 for Wisconsin Relay (TDD)